Reporting from APAP 2016
Happy 2016, GPeeps! We started our new year off bundled up in New York City for the APAP conference (Association of Performing Arts Presenters). This is a conference we go to every year to see showcases, and also meet with colleagues, agents and managers. Over the course of four nights, you can see music, theatre and dance until your eyes explode!
Here are some of the things we saw at APAP. Who knows, some of it might land on our stage in the near future 😉
– Electro-swing Frenchie band, Ginkgoa was tons of fun
– Party band, Red Baraat brought the heat (our friends at CAP UCLA will have them at Royce on 2.9.16)
– Clarinets were making a big statement in a lot of the bands we saw (ie. Ginkgoa and Debauche)
– Sarah Jones‘ new work, Sell/Buy/Date was a dynamic multi-character, one-person play inspired by stories of women impacted by sex trafficking
– Suzanne Vega performed her one woman show where she takes on the role of author Carson McCullers. Don’t worry, she came back out after and sang Luka and Tom’s Diner.